Find out what to look for when buying office seating with our buyers guide to quality office chairs. Find out the pitfalls of cheap chairs with our office seating advice
When furnishing your office, buying cheap quality office chairs is not a good idea. Whilst you may save money in the short term, they will not provide the support or longevity you need. Buying quality office chairs, on the other hand means that you can be assured of good seating that is well built and supportive. We make sure that all of our chairs are study, made of quality components and are guaranteed for 5 years. But what should you look for when buying an office chair?
- A padded seat: poor quality office chairs have thin foam padding. This will soon wear away making sitting and working an uncomfortable experience. You need to look for thick, high density foam padding for your chair to ensure maximum comfort and to extend the life of your chair.
- Quality chair wheels (casters): it is important to have strong casters as they have to support the weight of the chair and the individual using them. In cheaper office chairs, the cheap quality casters can break / bend stopping the chair from rolling, sitting at an angle and causing the user discomfort. Strong casters are vital to prolong the life of your office seating.
- Thick chair bases: the 5 star base of the chair must also be strong. This provides the stability of the chair. 28mm thick 5 star bases are essential. Be warned of cheap chairs from some office furniture companies with flimsy bases.
- Professional gas pumps: office chairs use a gas pump to raise the height of the seat. The user pulls a lever under the seat to engage the pump to adjust the chair for comfortable working. A professional gas pump allows this to be a swift and seamless operation. Poor quality office chairs will have unreliable gas pumps that will not stand up to the requirements over time.
- Quality fabric: high resistance fabric is essential in your office chair. You sit, move around and then stand up from your chair up to 100 times a day. Because of this, you create friction on the seat of the chair. Low resistance fabric, which is often used on cheap quality office chairs, will not stand up to this level of use for very long. The fabric will wear and then tear or split, causing the foam to wear away and spill out. High resistance fabric is vital to ensure that your chair continues to look good and continues to support you when you are working.
- Guarantee: this is what sets the cheap office chairs apart from quality ones. Cheap office chair suppliers will not provide a guarantee for their furniture and the build quality is cheap.. Quality office chairs, like our range at Discount Office Furniture online, will have a 5 year guarantee. This is because we are confident about the build quality of all our chairs, even our cheapest office chairs (inexpensive, yet good quality!). We ensure that all of our chairs are built with longevity and comfort in mind.
Discount Office Furniture Online is a national office furniture supplies company that provides quality office chairs to our customers. We ensure that quality materials and components are used in the construction of our office seating and are able to offer our customers extra confidence when they buy from us with our 5 year guarantee on our office chairs.
We have a wide range of office seating to suit your style and needs: from modern office chairs to traditional typist and managers chairs; designer to budget operators chairs; fabric to padded leather chairs; task chairs to ergonomic office chairs. All of them, even the cheapest chairs have the quality construction and 5 year guarantee.